The Lake City Area Chamber of Commerce thanks you for participating in our “Greatest Fourth in the North” Grand Parade.
This year’s theme is: “Salute to our Local Heroes” at the Greatest 4th in the North!
The following information should answer any questions you may have, however, please feel free to call us (231) 839-4969 if we can be of any more assistance.
1. There is a $20 entrance fee to participate in the parade if you are advertising a business or if you are a politician,
for the first entry and an additional $5 for each additional entry, up to three.
No more than 3 entries are allowed.
There is no fee for organizations, bands or individuals. This fee is waived if you are a sponsor of the festival.
2. The “Greatest Fourth in the North” Grand Parade commences at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday , July 4.
3. Line up begins at 8:30 a.m. All units must present themselves to the parade marshal NO LATER THAN 9:00 a.m., on the day of the parade.
4. Line up starts at Fairlane Dr
marshal will provide specific line-up assignments at the check-in point, on the morning of the parade.
6.All entries must be registered and decorated.
7.ABSOLUTELY NO CANDY, MONEY, FLYERS, ETC. ARE ALLOWED TO BE
THROWN FROM A MOVING VEHICLE.
If desired, people may walk beside your entry to pass out favors.
Please do not give this job to young children.
8. All units MUST be kept under control at all times, and proceed on the parade route at a slow rate of speed.
Failure to comply can result in disqualification from judging and/or removal from the parade.
9. We ask that you do not exit from the parade route early, unless it is an emergency. (Rain is not considered an
emergency unless it can damage equipment, such as speakers.)
10. Please, be prepared for bad weather. We do live in Michigan and unfortunately we cannot promise you sunshine!
(Rain or Shine, the parade will go on!)
11. Because there is always a possibility of rain, we highly recommend that any signs or posters are prepared with paint
or permanent markers, something that will not run if water gets on it.
12. Spectators will be lined up on the ENTIRE parade route. Please keep this in mind, for they ALL would like to see
your performances or receive a favor and shouldn’t miss out just because they are watching from an area near the end of
the parade route.
13. The Judges will be on Main St. in front of Chemical Bank. Ribbons will be awarded to first and second place winners, in the following categories:
-Best Performing Group
-Best Youth Group
-an Honorable Mention
This year’s theme is “It’s a Beach Party ” at the greatest 4th in the North!
14. We limit the amount of entries for businesses
such as, but not limited to, car dealerships, logging companies, telephone companies, construction companies, etc., to 3 vehicles.