Chamber Executive Director
The Executive Director is new position to the Lake City Area Chamber of Commerce.
The Executive Director will:
- Answer to the Board of Directors
- Be Responsible for day to day operations of the Chamber office
- Oversee Chamber functions, coordinate committees and volunteers for events, work to secure sponsorship's, vendors, etc.
- Supervise office secretary and intern – if applicable
- Adhere to budget for office operations as well as Chamber events
- Explore grant opportunities
- Be the Face of the Chamber
- Attend community events, Good Morning Lake City
- Visit businesses/members
- Be involved with and maintain relationships with local government – city council, county commissioners, townships, schools
- Actively recruit Chamber members and volunteers
- Keep in contact with members and updates on member events
- Be actively involved in all Chamber functions and events
- Attendance required at events, Greatest 4th in the North, Car Show & Cruise, Farmers Markets, Festival of the Pines, BA5’s, Banquet, ribbon cuttings and others as necessary
- Promotion and marketing of greater Lake City area, Chamber members, Chamber events – including Social Media presence, website, press releases, advertising.
- Work with the Board of Directors, Ambassadors, and event committees
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
- Friendly, positive attitude, professional, enjoys dealing with the public
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to represent the Chamber and speak at functions
- Marketing, Sales, recruitment experience
- Computer skills, Word, email, Social Media, website – a must
Quick books preferred
- Desire to promote the area, businesses, members and Chamber functions
- Must have reliable transportation
- Background check required
The salaried position will offer a competitive salary based on experience with step increases and bonuses available. Benefits include paid sick, vacation and holidays and cell phone allowance.
Hours will range from 35-40 hours per week. Some evenings and weekends required during special events and Chamber functions.
Send Resume and letter of interest, no later than May 6, 2016, to:
Attn: Chamber Director
PO Box O
Lake City, MI 49651
Equal Opportunity Employer