“We invite you to become a member of the Lake City Area Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber of Commerce exists to help support its community and its members; however, this takes revenue and involved members. We would appreciate your support to make Lake City, Missaukee County and our surrounding area a better place to own a business, work and live or vacation. We have compiled a list of some of the reasons why we feel you should become a member of your chamber.”
1. The Chamber sponsors many events throughout the year to bring people into our area, such as the Greatest Fourth in the North, Farmer’s Market, Car Show, Festival of the Pines and “Business After Five” gatherings.
2. The Chamber also is involved in such community activities as the Citizen of the year, our annual Business Banquet, the Partners in Education Program, and more.
3. We greet each member into our “Chamber Corner” which is published weekly in The Missaukee Sentinel and The Cadillac News.
4. The Chamber keeps you and the community informed of any Chamber news through our “Chamber Corner.”
5. As a member, when your group, organization or business has an event such as a BBQ, dinner, fund-raiser, etc., we will help advertise it by displaying flyers in our office and advertising it in the “Chamber Corner” and through our social media outlets for you.
6. Members have free use of Chamber board room for meetings.
7. Members are invited to display brochures, business cards or flyers in the Chamber office.
8. You are put on a referral list. When people call for information on your particular service or commodity, your name will be given. We receive an average of 25-30 calls a day asking questions about services, schools, lodging, churches, restaurants, contractors, etc.
9. Members are entitled to voting privileges.
10. As a business member of the Chamber, you may be eligible for health insurance at a group rate.
11. You will receive invitations to Chamber events throughout the year.
12. The Chamber Ambassadors invite you to “Business After 5”, A time for fellow business people to socialize and network. Members can also be a sponsor of a “Business After 5” with the support of the Ambassadors.
13. You are invited to participate in our active committees.
14. You are invited to all monthly meetings.
15. You will have access to the Chamber membership list (over 200 individuals and businesses).
16. The Chamber offers a list of members’ rentals for anyone who is seeking a place to live or vacation. We will assist you in keeping your rental rented.
17. Members are listed in our Online Member Directory.
18. As an individual member, you are showing your support of our community and assisting in its success.
19. The Chamber board is always striving for new ideas on how to serve our members and community better, and as a member, your ideas and suggestions are encouraged and welcome.
20. Members helping members – As a member of the Chamber, some members offer reduced rates or specials to fellow Chamber members, with our Member to Member Savings Program, so be sure to ask if they offer discounts to fellow members.
21. Most important, by investing in your Chamber of Commerce you are investing in the Missaukee County area by keeping our door open, so we can help support the community.
22. Our website has visits on average of 39,000 views per month!
23. If you are a new business our Ambassadors will happily do a ribbon cutting for you and it will be published in the Missaukee Sentinel newspaper.
Business Membership – $165 Retail, wholesale, service, industrial, manufacturing business, educational institutions, and government agencies, or any other business that may not fit into one of the other listed categories.
Associate Membership – $80 Clubs and non-profit organizations.
Individual Membership – $45 Any individual under the age of 60 years, who would like to support their chamber and community and/or advertise a rental.
Senior Citizen Membership – $25 Any individual 60 years old or older, who would like to support their Chamber and community and/or advertise a rental.
Fiscal Year – October 1 – September 30. Dues are payable in full by October 1.
New businesses who join as a Full Member are pro-rated after January at $13.75 per month through September 30. For any questions, please call us at (231) 839-4969